Types of Visas for Entry into Korea
Single- and Multi-Entry Visas
- There are two types of Republic of Korea (ROK) visas: single-entry visa and multiple-entry visa.
- The validity periods for single- and multiple-entry visas are as follows
- Single-entry visa: Valid for three months from the date of issuance
- Multiple-entry visa: Valid for the designated period following the date of issuance
Status of sojourn relating to diplomacy (A-1), official business (A-2) or treaties (A-3): No more than 3 years
Status of sojourn relating to temporary workers (H-2): No more than 5 years
Status of sojourn relating to an official treaty: As agreed in the treaty
Status of sojourn set under reciprocity or in consideration of national interest: As determined by the Minister of Justice
Matters Requiring Attention
- In case a person who requested approval of visa issuance enters Korea before the said approval is given, it will
be deemed that the person has renounced the visa application and the application will be cancelled.
- If you wish to be issued a visa after three months of applying for a visa or receiving a notification of
approval from the Minister of Justice in regard to visa issuance, you will need to re-apply.
- You can receive an ROK visa at any of the diplomatic missions of ROK in your country.
- “Diplomatic offices of ROK” include the ROK embassies, legations, representative offices, consulate generals,
Required Documents for Visa Application
- Visa Application Form
- Other documents required based on your status of sojourn
Easy-Search Legal Information
KOREA Visa Portal
- The screening fees for visa applications are as follows (individually charged fees in the case of collective visas)
- Single-entry visa for a stay of up to 90 days: US$ 40
- Single-entry visa for a stay of 91 days or longer: US$ 60
- Multiple-entry visa for up to two entries: US$ 70
- Multiple-entry visa without any limits to the number of entries: US$ 90
- For more detailed information, visit the following sites